Thursday, August 22, 2013

An Update from Sarasota

It's been a while since I first announced my acceptance to teach English in Austria. Now that the time is closer, I plan on updating this blog regularly.

A lot of “Life” happened in the past almost-four months.

I passed my Bacc exam



I graduated from New College




Got a full time job for the summer



Swam with the mermaids (or at least in the same spring)



Spent lots of time with wonderful people

(Drawing courtesy of my wonderful friend, Christine)

and engaged mild shenanigans



More closely related to Austria I:

-Went through the headaches, tears, and yelling associated with completing visa paperwork.

-Found housing surprisingly painlessly

-Got in contact with the teacher I'm working under

-Approached the point of excitement and anticipation where I mention Austria in almost every conversation with strangers possible.

Before I leave I plan on making a number of posts about my preparation for the year ahead. This will include posts about packing, dressing for the winter and like a grown-up (hopefully useful to anyone stalking this blog hoping to leave for a year, too). I also plan on talking a little bit about Villach, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment